Happy, healthy, confident kids
Hello, I’m Heidi Ellen Love, the founder of FitKidz with Heidi. In 2019 I decided to create a programme for children that would integrate Physical Activity, Arts Education and Psycho-social Wellbeing. These three key aspects are the foundation of every child’s health and development.
Children nowadays spend too much time sitting down, and staring at a screen. I seek to get them moving and engaging in a wide range of creative and fitness activities – and they love it! In my classes, I pay attention to each child, seeking to develop them in a holistic way that helps them live in the world more confidently and with greater enjoyment.
Children warriors of life!
I love seeing children learning and engaging in new skills while being imaginative and creative. My motto is ‘Believe in yourself and try everything!’ I train children to be life warriors: developing a strong mindset and coping skills to deal with challenges and anxieties. This helps them enormously in their daily life, at school, in sporting activities and in all their interactions with other people. It sets them up for life.
In doing all this, I encourage a super-fun atmosphere, whether we’re all together in person or online on Zoom, where I now hold some my classes in keeping with government regulations and safety.
My mission is to inspire through my own life experience and bring out the best in each child, through fun creative and fitness arts focusing on agility, motor co-ordination and mental stamina. They learn a wide variety of social and life skills while enjoying themselves. FitKidz with Heidi is about giving your child life experience, life skills and unforgettable memories while keeping your kids happy, healthy, confident and fit.
My skills & qualifications
- Swim Ireland Level 2 Swim Teacher (Licensed and Insured).
- BA Drama and Theatre Studies, University College Cork.
- BA Royal Academy of Dramatic Art London.
- MSc Performance Studies, Hatha Yoga, T’ai Chi Ch’uan (University of Exeter).
- Diploma ITEC/ VTCT Level 3 Personal Training, Nutrition and Children and Fitness.
- Diploma Children and Fitness Level 2 Instructor, Focus Awards UK.
- Certificate include specific training Special Population: Pre-Postnatal, 50+ and people with physical disabilities.
- Cara Sport Inclusion: Certificate in Inclusion Fitness Training.
- Professional Dancer- Dance Instruction ‘Hip hop’, ‘Classical’.
- Intensive Shakespeare, Dance, Performing Arts / RADA.
- Certificate Spin, Powerlifting, Box Kettle bells (Evolution Fitness).
- Health and Fitness Professional Insurance Scheme / Children’s Swim Teacher / Personal Trainer / Children and Fitness Coach & Yoga Teacher.
Through my life experience living with the Dalia Lama at The Sherab Gatsel Lobling School in Himachal Pradesh 1995 and study of Mindfulness Buddhism my training with children has a huge focus on awareness psychology and empathy. I gained further experience in mental health awareness through creativity and peer mentoring in 2003 with The National Disability Authority and Cork Mental Health.
I am fully insured, Garda Vetted and qualified in all sports disciplines including Yoga for kids, Swim Teaching, Mixed Martial Arts and everything my programme offers.
All my experience and training is embedded within FitKidz with Heidi developed in 2019 where I train children to become Warriors of Life.
But it’s best to hear about FitKidz with Heidi from the children and parents themselves, so please look at their Testimonials.