Safeguarding is everyone’s business
- In the event of an incident or accident occurring the instructor should immediately stop the class, ensuring their own safety and that of all members present.
- The instructor should assess the situation and take appropriate action in accordance with current club policies and procedures.
- Instructors have immediate access to members allergy status and relevant medical history, as well as a list of contact details for parents.
- After the event a root cause analysis will be carried out and relevant policies and procedures updated.
- A debriefing session will subsequently be held with all relevant parties invited to attend.